Crowd-Size Spaghetti Sauce, a classic meaty main dish, come from Donna Bennet of Bramalea, Ontario. She writes,"This is the best sauce I've ever made. It's handy for a large group, but I also sometimes freeze smaller portions for quick family meals."
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- In several stockpots, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 65-70 servings (8 quarts).
Originally published as Crowd-Size Spaghetti Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p50
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Crowd-Size Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review