- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- In several stockpots, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 65-70 servings (8 quarts).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Crowd-Size Spaghetti Sauce
"This spaghetti sauce is delicious! I fed a group of about 50 last night and everybody loved it! I felt like the servings were kind of skimpy though with very little left for seconds. 65-70 servings is a bit of a stretch."
"This is the best spaghetti sauce I have ever made. My family has grown over the yrs. and I'm always looking for recipes that will feed everyone. This one is fabulous!!"