- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and beef mixture. Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad
Sort By :
"This was so delicious, I didn't want to stop eating. Moonbeam"
"One of our family's favorite recipes! Will have to have it this week! I don't change a thing. Leftovers are even better the next day!"
"This was simple and easy to put together. The whole family enjoyed it and I loved how much it made! I entertain a lot at my house and the next time I have a big gathering I'm definitely making us! Great flavor the only thing I did differently was you salsa instead of taco sauce because I was out."
"Similar to the recipe I use, but I add a packet of taco seasoning with the ground beef (and water needed); also, I have used Russian dressing rather than the mayo mixture. Pass the taco sauce."
"We all loved it!"