- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and beef mixture. Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad
Sort By :
"Similar to the recipe I use, but I add a packet of taco seasoning with the ground beef (and water needed); also, I have used Russian dressing rather than the mayo mixture. Pass the taco sauce."
"We all loved it!"
"My family loves this recipe. I have made it several times. Occassionally, I change it up and make it with boneless skinless chicken breast that I cut into very small pieces. I have left the seasonings the same every time and we have always enjoyed it. About a month ago, for my niece's graduation, my sister asked me to bring my taco salad, but it was going to have to sit for a while. We decided to serve this cold. It turned out really, really well. I cooked the beef and spices according to the directions. I then cooled it in the fridge and assembled as described. I added the dressing and chips just before serving. I had tons of requests for the recipe. OH and I frequently add a can of drained and rinsed black beans."
"We loved it. A good basic taco salad and I loved the taco sauce mayo dressing. I will definitely make it again."
"This is a very good healthy recipe easy to make. This could serve as a meal in itself. Sharon Vaughn."