- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and beef mixture. Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad
Sort By :
"This is a very good healthy recipe easy to make. This could serve as a meal in itself. Sharon Vaughn."
"Love this recipe!!! So quick & easy & the whole family loves it!! Very rarely do I follow a recipe as is but this is one of them!"
"Use Catalina dressing instead of ketchup and mayo. Much better flavor."
"I have made this hundreds of times. Since making it the first time, I have tweaked it. I do still use the ketchup with seasonings for the meat. I don't think it needs any added flavor by using a taco seasoning packet. And my husband is really big on flavor and spice so I know that it's ok when he doesn't complain. I add an entire bottle of taco sauce to the mayo. I did not think that a quarter bottle was enough. I also add twice the cheese. Other than that, I really like it the same."