Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad
While this recipe might sound involved, it can be fixed in just 30 minutes. It's a hit at the potluck table—and I don't have to bring any home after the shindig! —Ann Cahoon, Bradenton, Florida
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and
- beef mixture. Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 10
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon