- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives and beef mixture. Combine mayonnaise and taco sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad
Sort By :
"We loved it. A good basic taco salad and I loved the taco sauce mayo dressing. I will definitely make it again."
"This is a very good healthy recipe easy to make. This could serve as a meal in itself. Sharon Vaughn."
"Love this recipe!!! So quick & easy & the whole family loves it!! Very rarely do I follow a recipe as is but this is one of them!"
"Use Catalina dressing instead of ketchup and mayo. Much better flavor."