Crowd-Pleasing Rice Bake Recipe
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 3 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in soup mixes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add rice; simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute celery, onions and peppers in drippings until tender. Stir in sausage, mushroom soup, chicken and rice mixture until well mixed.
- 4. Pour into two greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 875 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.