Crowd-Pleasing Rice Bake Recipe
Although I work full-time outside of the home, one of my favorite things to do when I have time is cook. This dish is perfect to take along to potlucks.
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 3 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in soup mixes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add rice; simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute celery, onions and peppers in drippings until tender. Stir in sausage, mushroom soup, chicken and rice mixture until well mixed.
- Pour into two greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasing Rice Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p68
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Rice Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken and Rice Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >