Crowd-Pleasing Ravioli Nachos Recipe
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen sausage ravioli
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Additional spaghetti sauce, optional
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain and pat dry. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, pepper and garlic salt. Dip ravioli in the eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Arrange ravioli in an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon sauces over ravioli; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions and olives. Serve immediately with additional spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 ravioli (calculated without additional spaghetti sauce) equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.