Crowd-Pleasing Ravioli Nachos Recipe
Lightly breaded and deep-fried, ravioli goes to a new level in this nacho-like appetizer. Kids and grown-ups can’t get enough of the crispy, cheesy, flavorful crowd pleasers.Robert Doornbos, Jenison, Michigan
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen sausage ravioli
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Additional spaghetti sauce, optional
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain and pat dry. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, pepper and garlic salt. Dip ravioli in the eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange ravioli in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon sauces over ravioli; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions and olives. Serve immediately with additional spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasing Ravioli Nachos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p215
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Ravioli Nachos(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2011
This was about the best ravioli Nacho's I have ever tasted and so easy to cook.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >