Everyone loves potato salad but not everyone can enjoy it. This recipe allows everyone, no matter what their diet, to enjoy potato salad.—Marcille Meyer, Battle Creek, Nebraska
Recommended: 25 Potluck Salads to Feed a Crowd
- 1 gallon potatoes (about 16 large), cooked, peeled and sliced
- 10 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large salad bowl. Separate eggs. Chop whites and add to potatoes with onion. Toss gently. In another bowl, mash yolks with Miracle Whip, cream, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt. Pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Cover and chill. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasing Potato Salad in Reminisce May/June 1993, p45
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2008
"Web site stiks. Can't get anything to print!"