- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Party Meatballs
"I've made these several times. The last time I made over 300 of them for my wedding reception. There wasn't a single one left! The only thing I have done differently is added a bit of BBQ sauce to the meat mixture. I cooked then froze them and they traveled 400 miles in a cooler to be put in a roaster with the BBQ sauce. FANTASTIC RECIPE!"
"This is a keeper, I made a large batch for a baby shower anticipating leftover but they were all completely wiped out."
"so yummy! I make 1.5 times the sauce so there's enough sauce to eat them over rice."
"I made These meatballs for my sons 3rd birthday, 14 years ago; they where a hit. Everyone love them. I still make them for all the parties i go to"
"This recipe is my "go to" meatball recipe. The sauce is also very good; however I usually use the Ocean Spray recipe and use 1 can of jellied cranberries and a bottle of chili sauce. Absolutely delish!"