You'll warm many hearts with this rich, satisfying cocoa. It's the perfect beverage to serve after an ice-skating outing or any winter gathering.
65 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups baking cocoa
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 quarts water, divided
- 10 quarts milk
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional baking cocoa
- In each of two large stockpots, combine 2-1/2 cups cocoa, 1-1/2 cups
- sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Gradually stir 5 cups water into each
- pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Whisk in the milk, cream and
- remaining water; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla. Garnish with whipped cream and additional cocoa. Yield: 65
- (1-cup) servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.