Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Salad
I combined parts of several recipes to come up with this one. I'm a busy mother of five and like to fix meals that are quick and easy. I've served this salad at banquets and received many requests for the recipe.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted, optional
- Cantaloupe, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in rice,
- celery, green pepper, onion, pineapple, water chestnuts and cheese.
- Add almonds just before serving if desired. Serve on cantaloupe
- halves or wedges if desired, or use as a sandwich spread. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 463 calories, 31 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium,