I combined parts of several recipes to come up with this one. I'm a busy mother of five and like to fix meals that are quick and easy. I've served this salad at banquets and received many requests for the recipe.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Cantaloupe, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in rice, celery, green pepper, onion, pineapple, water chestnuts and cheese. Add almonds just before serving if desired. Serve on cantaloupe halves or wedges if desired, or use as a sandwich spread. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Salad in Country Extra May 1997, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review