- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Cantaloupe, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in rice, celery, green pepper, onion, pineapple, water chestnuts and cheese. Add almonds just before serving if desired. Serve on cantaloupe halves or wedges if desired, or use as a sandwich spread. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Salad in Country Extra May 1997, p51
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review