Jeanne Wade of Icard, North Carolina comes from a family of 10 children. Her recipe for Apple Dumplings is an easy dessert that feeds a bunch.
- 3 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 15 medium apples, peeled and halved
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flatten biscuits with hand. Wrap each biscuit around an apple half; place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Combine sugar, water, butter and vanilla; pour about 1-2/3 cups into each pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 30 servings.
Originally published as Apple Dumplings in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p54
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasing Apple Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review