- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, finely chopped
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 round loaf (2 pounds) unsliced Italian bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 12 ounces thinly sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 16 slices)
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut bread in half horizontally. Carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Spread 1-1/2 cups olive mixture over bottom bread shell. Spread remaining olive mixture over cut side of top bread shell. In bottom of bread, layer the turkey, half of the cheese, salami, remaining cheese and ham. Replace bread top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Crowd-Pleasin' Muffuletta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p207
Reviews for Crowd-Pleasin' Muffuletta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
"We made a paste of the first 7 ingredients in the food processer. We loved this hearty treat!"