Crowd Chicken Casserole
Here's a no-fuss feast that will bring you rave reviews. It's a creamy, comforting casserole that appeals to everyone.—Marna Dunn, Bullhead City, Arizona
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 cups diced cooked chicken
- 10 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 bunches green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine the first six
- ingredients; add 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise
- and sour cream; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with chips and
- remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 497 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a