- 10 cups diced cooked chicken
- 10 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 bunches green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crowd Chicken Casserole
"The group I served this to loved it. If you have a problem with calories, use reduced fat cheese, light mayo and light sour cream.They work fine. Or just don't make the recipe. I mean, why make it, then act all incredulous about the caloric content? This isn't a health food site after all. More like an old fashioned recipe swap."
"We liked it. I did not have olives, chips, or celery on hand."
"This tastes good, but the calories are unbelievable - mayonnaise, cheese and sour cream?"
"The whole family loved this. I also cut the recipe in half. Next time I will bring it to a potluck!The potato chip topping was a great touch."
"I cut the recipe in half, and added frozen spinage. my family loved it! There were no left overs."