Here's a no-fuss feast that will bring you rave reviews. It's a creamy, comforting casserole that appeals to everyone.—Marna Dunn, Bullhead City, Arizona
- 10 cups diced cooked chicken
- 10 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 bunches green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Originally published as Crowd Chicken Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p54
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crowd Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review