Crowd Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 10 cups diced cooked chicken
- 10 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 bunches green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 5 cups crushed potato chips
- In a very large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crowd Chicken Casserole(10)
Sort By :
I cut the recipe in half, and added frozen spinage. my family loved it! There were no left overs.
I made this for our neighborhood group this weekend but I did omit the chili peppers and used green pepper - it was amazing loved the potato chip topping.
My family loves this recipe!
Yummy and is still good if it is served cold.
An ideal dish to make/take to a fami;y reunion,since there are many **hearty appetites**! Thank you for sharing!! (I also like showing off (so to speak) my culinary skills.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Chicken Casserole >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >