Crouton-Topped Broccoli Recipe
“We love this dish—even my children are crazy for it! It goes great with any meat and can easily be doubled,” writes Kathy Fry of Brockville, Ontario.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups cheese and garlic croutons
- 1. Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe 2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. Stir in the soup, cheeses and milk. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 217 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC