Crouton Tomato Casserole Recipe
This old-fashioned side uses lots of delicious tomatoes and seasonings that give it an Italian twist. Every time I serve it, someone asks for the recipe. —Norma Nelson, Punta Gorda, Florida
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Arrange tomatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with bread cubes. Combine the butter, salt, basil and thyme; drizzle over bread and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crouton Tomato Casserole
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
"Everytime I have extra tomatoes I make this. It is so easy and flavorful."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC