Crouton Tomato Casserole Recipe
This baked dish uses lots of delicious tomatoes and seasonings that give it an Italian twist. "Every time I serve this dish, someone asks for the recipe," says Norma. She and her husband, Bob, moved from Chicago to Florida. They have two married sons and five grandchildren.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Arrange tomatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bread cubes. Combine the butter, salt, basil and thyme; drizzle over bread and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC