Crouton Celery Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery or chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned salad croutons, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Place celery in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover; cook for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Add the soup, water chestnuts, 1 cup croutons and 1/2 cup almonds. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Crush remaining croutons; toss with butter and remaining almonds. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Crouton Celery Casserole
"I made it for Easter Dinner. It was a total hit. Everybody loved it."