Croque Monsieur Toast Cups Recipe
Ooh la la! Bring the flair of France to your next Christmas party with bubbly toast cups inspired by Croque Monsieur—a French grilled sandwich featuring ham and cheese.
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham, julienned
- Minced chives
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin; cut each slice into four squares. Brush both sides of bread with butter; press into miniature muffin cups. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt butter; whisk in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon mustard in each toast cup. Sprinkle half of the cheese into cups. Layer each with ham, sauce and remaining cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Croque Monsieur Toast Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p24
Reviews for Croque Monsieur Toast Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >