Croissant French Toast Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 3 eggs
- 4 croissants, split
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160°.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in ice cream and vanilla until ice cream is melted. Place plastic wrap over the surface of the sauce; cool.
- For berry sauce, combine raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip both sides of croissants in egg. On a griddle, brown croissants on both sides in butter. Serve with vanilla and berry sauces. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Croissant French Toast
Sort By :
"One of the best breakfasts I have ever had!"
"I get lots of requests to make this for Mother's Day and Christmas Day brunch. It is a family favorite."
"This is wonderful french toast. It looks so elegant, and is as tasty as it looks. Very impressive for a Sunday Brunch."
"My whole family just loves these croissants. They're so yummy!"
"this recipe ivery rich and worthy of a special occasion brunch"