Croissant Breakfast Casserole
Turning croissants and marmalade into a classic overnight casserole makes a wonderful treat for family and guests around the breakfast table. — Joan Hallford, Fort Worth, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 1 jar (18 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 croissants, split
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Quartered fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, mix marmalade, preserves, orange juice and peel.
- Arrange croissant bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread
- with 1-1/2 cups marmalade mixture. Add croissant tops.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, cream and extract; pour over croissants.
- Spoon remaining marmalade mixture over tops. Refrigerate, covered,
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while
- oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 314 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium,