Croissant Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Turning croissants and marmalade into a classic overnight casserole makes a wonderful treat for family and guests around the breakfast table. — Joan Hallford, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1 jar (18 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 croissants, split
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Quartered fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, mix marmalade, preserves, orange juice and peel. Arrange croissant bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with 1-1/2 cups marmalade mixture. Add croissant tops.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk eggs, cream and extract; pour over croissants. Spoon remaining marmalade mixture over tops. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 314 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Croissant Breakfast Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC