- 1 jar (18 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 croissants, split
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Quartered fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, mix marmalade, preserves, orange juice and peel. Arrange croissant bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with 1-1/2 cups marmalade mixture. Add croissant tops.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, cream and extract; pour over croissants. Spoon remaining marmalade mixture over tops. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Croissant Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"I used individual casserole dishes and fit one croissant into each one. I divided the other ingredients accordingly for individual servings. I served this for breakfast. My guests loved it but it was a little sweet for me. Next time, I might spread cream cheese between the croissant halves to add another flavor, then cut down a bit on the jams. And maybe sprinkle crumbled bacon on top."
"Our church made this for a Mother Daughter lunch. Everyone loved it. I can't wait to try it with vanilla ice cream. Yummy"
"This was totally awesome and a huge hit at Easter brunch. I substituted peach preserves for the orange marmalade and apricot preserves. My daughter-in-law loves peach cobbler and said it reminded her of that only better."