- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crock-Pot Pizza
"Love this recipe, easy and makes great leftovers."
"I am the original contributor of this recipe, and I thought I should make a comment to clarify a few things. When I was first tried this recipe in the late '80s, a jar of spaghetti sauce was 30 or 32 oz (& I always got the 32 oz). Now the standard jar is 23-26 oz, so there is around 8 oz of liquid gone from the recipe. I now add either an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce and a little extra Italian seasoning, or 8 oz. of pizza sauce to compensate for the decrease. Also, 16 oz. of noodles (or pasta as I actually submitted for the recipe) is way too much. I generally cook 8 - 10 oz of broken lasagna noodles or bowtie pasta, and just use what makes for nice layers. And just like pizza, you can add more "toppings" or take away for your tastes."
"I left out the mushrooms as we do not like them and increased the pepperoni to a 7 oz package and also increased the amounts of cheeses added. I'm not fond of the cheddar in this. Noodles did get a bit dry on top and there was not enough sauce. Because of the amount of noodles (12 oz egg noodles) I had to use, I used my 7-qt crock-pot and it BARELY fits everything.Next time I make this I am using only white cheeses. The cheddar made it taste sour! I will also be adding more sauce to it! I will use my edited version over the original. I also think I will reduce the amount of noodles by half!"
"This was very easy and really good. I only used 2 cups of Mozzarella and 2 cups of Cheddar to cut down on calories and it saved me from having cheese leftover since I couldn't find any that came in 3 cup pkgs."
"Looking for any kind of crock pot recipes that have been tried and are good! This is one I plan to make this week...will serve bread sticks and garden salad with it."
"It makes enough for leftovers and they heat up nicely and taste as good the second time around. Also I have started using it as a potluck dish."
"This was good, except I left it on warm too long and it got all greasy because of the oils in the cheeses. My mistake, but I would definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing!"