- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Crock-Pot Pizza
Sort By :
I am the original contributor of this recipe, and I thought I should make a comment to clarify a few things. When I was first tried this recipe in the late '80s, a jar of spaghetti sauce was 30 or 32 oz (& I always got the 32 oz). Now the standard jar is 23-26 oz, so there is around 8 oz of liquid gone from the recipe. I now add either an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce and a little extra Italian seasoning, or 8 oz. of pizza sauce to compensate for the decrease. Also, 16 oz. of noodles (or pasta as I actually submitted for the recipe) is way too much. I generally cook 8 - 10 oz of broken lasagna noodles or bowtie pasta, and just use what makes for nice layers. And just like pizza, you can add more "toppings" or take away for your tastes.
I left out the mushrooms as we do not like them and increased the pepperoni to a 7 oz package and also increased the amounts of cheeses added. I'm not fond of the cheddar in this. Noodles did get a bit dry on top and there was not enough sauce. Because of the amount of noodles (12 oz egg noodles) I had to use, I used my 7-qt crock-pot and it BARELY fits everything.
Next time I make this I am using only white cheeses. The cheddar made it taste sour! I will also be adding more sauce to it! I will use my edited version over the original. I also think I will reduce the amount of noodles by half!
Just plain pasta casserole. I like the convenience of making it ahead.
This was very easy and really good. I only used 2 cups of Mozzarella and 2 cups of Cheddar to cut down on calories and it saved me from having cheese leftover since I couldn't find any that came in 3 cup pkgs.
Looking for any kind of crock pot recipes that have been tried and are good! This is one I plan to make this week...will serve bread sticks and garden salad with it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pizza Casserole >
- Pizza Recipes >