Crock-Pot Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 780 calories, 41 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 1,262 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.