Crock O' Brats Recipe
- 5 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst (1-1/4 pounds) , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown bratwurst on all sides. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in bratwurst and pan drippings. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until potatoes and apple are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 393 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,245 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer