Crock O' Brats Recipe
Maryellen Boettcher shares this all-in-one meal from her Fairchild, Wisconsin farm. "I've taken this hearty dish to countless events, and it's popular every time," she says. Slices of bratwurst take center stage alongside potatoes, sauerkraut, apple and onion.
- 5 uncooked bratwurst links (1-1/4 pounds) , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown bratwurst on all sides. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in bratwurst and pan drippings. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until potatoes and apple are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 393 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,245 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Crock O' Brats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC