- 5 uncooked bratwurst links (1-1/4 pounds) , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large skillet, brown bratwurst on all sides. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in bratwurst and pan drippings. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until potatoes and apple are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crock O' Brats
Sort By :
"Since I was late starting I put the potatoes and onions in with the brats as I sauted them. Then put the sauerkraut in the bottom of crockpot and the brat mixture over. I left out the brown sugar and apple. I think I could have left out the salt. Very good. Next time I would add some beef broth to make it a little juicier."
"Excellent, have made this many times with brats or ribs. I brown the ribs before putting in the slow cooker. Always turns out great."
"This recipe is easy to make and tastes great. If you love brats and sauerkraut, you will love it."
"I have made this recipe twice now and it is wonderful,my husband really enjoyed it, I added more sauerkraut and added a little caraway, we loved it. I will definitely make it again.I would give this recipe an AKlobucher"