- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Crispix
- 1-1/2 cups Cherrios
- 1-1/2 cups animal crackers
- 1-1/2 cups honey bear-shaped crackers
- 1 cup bite-sized Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until butter is melted; stir until blended. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add butter mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 8 cups.
Reviews for Critter Crunch
"Perfectly sweet and salty. It goes fast in this house and my nieces and nephew don't know that there's "healthy cereal" in it and you can change the Cheerios flavors (chocolate/apple cinnamon) to switch it up."
"a very mildly flavored snack mix. great for young kids."
"I am Culinary Arts teacher in High School and we made this for a first grade class that we were working with. Not only did the first graders love it, my students loved it. At halloween we added candy corn to it and sold bags to raise money for our competition!"
"Made this for a car trip last summer. Left out the pretzels cause he wasn't quite 2. Will definitely make it with the pretzels now. He loved it and I enjoyed it as well."
"I like to make a couple big batches and take some to work in a plastic container with dixie cups for scooping out individual servings...no hands in the container! the staff loves it"
""Wow! This is great. Just enough salty flavor and just enough sweet flavor". These are the words from my husband. I will definitely make this again."
"I took a double recipe to my grandson's birthday party and it was a hit. There was some left over and my daughter wouldn't let me take it home, so I will be making some more. :) Fun and Yummy."
"My family loves this!! We made it for our family movie night and it will permanently be on our movie night snack menu."
"as others have stated this is a good choice as a snack. I am diabetic and also modified it for me. Honey-Nut Cheerios is very good as a substitute also."
"I made it, but used Cocoa Puff Brownie Crunch cereal instead of the shredded wheat. We love it, just hope there is some left for the Grandkids when they stop by."