Crisscross Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free cheese and salad dressing) equals 103 calories, 520 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.