I found this recipe years ago, and keep coming back to it often....it's the meat loaf my family requests most!—Betty Fugate, Plainfield, Indiana
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 to 3 ounces sliced American cheese
- In a large bowl, combine egg, ketchup, crushed crackers, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. In a shallow baking dish, shape meat mixture into a 7-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until no pink remains. Cut cheese slices into strips; arrange cheese in a crisscross pattern over meat loaf. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crisscross Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p32
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crisscross Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review