Crisscross Apple Crowns Recipe
Wake ’em up on chilly mornings with the tempting aroma of apples and cinnamon filling the house. “I love making these for breakfast. They’re different and so easy.” —Teresa Morris, Laurel, Delaware
- 1-1/3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- Dash salt
- 1 package (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the apples, walnuts, raisins, 3 tablespoons sugar, flour, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender.
- 2. Flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful of sugar mixture over each. Top each with 1/4 cup apple mixture. Bring up edges to enclose mixture; pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Place seam side down in ungreased muffin cups. Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. With a sharp knife, cut an “X” in the top of each.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 333 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC