Crispy Zucchini Cakes Recipe
“I love these ‘crab cakes’ without the crab!” writes Mary Wagner from Austin, Pennsylvania. The crispy, well-seasoned zucchini patties make a change-of-pace dish that’s perfect for dressing up a light summer supper.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in eggs until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into eight patties. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 241 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
Reviews for Crispy Zucchini Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC