Crispy Taco Wings
These wings are everything you love about chicken—a crispy, flavorful outside with a tender, moist center—all with a tasty Southwest zip. —Blanche Gibson, Gordon, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-3/4 cups crushed corn chips
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wingettes and drummettes
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and taco
- seasoning. Place melted butter and corn chips in separate shallow
- bowls. Dip wings in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off
- Dip in butter, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 30-40
- minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 164 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer