- 1-1/4 cups shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and sunflower kernels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 4 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Sunflower Cookies in Birds & Blooms October/November 2000, p55
Reviews for Crispy Sunflower Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review