Crispy Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 141 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Sugar Cookies
"I love Lemon Cookies, My friend passed this on to me, they are so.... good.Helen B."