Crispy Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 141 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Crispy Sugar Cookies
"I love Lemon Cookies, My friend passed this on to me, they are so.... good.Helen B."