Crispy Star Pops Recipe
These patriotic pops are a hit at our annual Fourth of July get-together. Serve them as an after-picnic dessert. Or slip them into cellophane bags, tie on ribbons and give them as favors.—Colleen Sturma, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 12 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat marshmallows and butter until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and mix well. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cut with a 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Insert a wooden pop stick into the side of each star; place on waxed paper.
- 2. In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over stars. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 15 pops.
1 crispy star pop equals 171 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Star Pops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC