Jane shows us that you can make just about anything in the slow cooker, even a delightfully crispy snack mix. —Jane Sims, De Leon, Texas
- 4-1/2 cups crispy chow mein noodles
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) salted cashews
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the noodles, cereal, cashews and coconut. In a small bowl, whisk the butter, soy sauce, curry powder and ginger; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Crispy Snack Mix in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p63
Reviews for Crispy Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review