- 4-1/2 cups crispy chow mein noodles
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) salted cashews
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the noodles, cereal, cashews and coconut. In a small bowl, whisk the butter, soy sauce, curry powder and ginger; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crispy Snack Mix(2)
Sort By :
My family enjoyed this, however, I agree that it would be easier to cook in the oven. My crockpot is the "old" kind and the mix completely fill the pot and made it difficult to stir every 30 min.
Great taste. I've already made it twice but the second time I baked in the oven at 250 for an hour stirring every 15 min. and adding the coconut half way through. It's faster and easier then using the crock pot.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Party Mix >
- Party Snacks >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Salty Snacks >
- Simple Appetizers >