- 12 small red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Drizzle oil over the bottom of a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; arrange potatoes over oil. Using a potato masher, flatten potatoes to 1/2-in. thickness. Brush potatoes with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chives and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Smashed Herbed Potatoes
"Fantastic! A big hit with the family. I used the dried chives I had on hand."
"Delish! I didn't have fresh herbs on hand so I added some garlic herb seasoning on the potatoes before I put them in the oven. I also sprinkled a handful of grated cheddar cheese on top during the last couple of minutes of baking. Even my son who doesn't like potatoes kept stealing bites off my plate! Will definitely make again!"
"Perfect...no other words to say besides very delicious and a keeper recipe!!!"