Crispy Shrimp Cups Recipe
The perfect party food for passing, this stuffed wonton also lends itself well to crabmeat or mushroom fillings instead of shrimp. Serve them hot, warm, or cold. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, Alberta
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Optional garnishes: lemon slices and fresh basil leaves
- 1. Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over edges of wrappers. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, minced parsley and hot pepper sauce until blended. Spoon into cups. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until filling is heated through. Top with shrimp. Serve warm, garnished with lemon and basil if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC