Serve these patties at any time of day. The recipe features protein, grains and vegetables all in one dish. It’s also a great way to use leftover rice. —Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (7.4 ounces each) ready-to-serve white sticky rice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 large eggs
- Minced fresh chives
- Additional pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool slightly. Press a fourth of the rice into a 1/2-cup measuring cup that has been moistened lightly with water; invert onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Fold plastic around rice; shape rice into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat three times.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook patties until crisp, 3-5 minutes per side; brush tops with soy sauce after turning. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir vegetables over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Stir in sesame oil, salt and pepper. Add water; reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining canola oil over medium heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken, about 5 minutes. To serve, top rice patties with vegetables and eggs. Sprinkle with chives and additional pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Rice Patties with Vegetables & Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p186
Reviews for Crispy Rice Patties with Vegetables & Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review