Crispy Potato Wedges
"French-fry fans will fall for this easy oven-baked variety and never miss the fat," assured Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. Try pairing the seasoned wedges with everything from hot dogs and hamburgers to chicken strips and fish.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each potato into 12 wedges; place in a large bowl. Add the
- remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 25-30 minutes longer or
- until crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (12 wedges) equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.