- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins.
- Place potato skins on a baking sheet. Brush butter over shells; top with picante sauce, cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake potatoes, skin side down, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and skins are crisp. Sprinkle with tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Serve with potato skins. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Potato Skins in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 Bookazine , p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Crispy Potato Skins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review