Crispy Potato Puffs Recipe
Crispy coating surrounds a velvety potato filling in these adorable puffs. They make a perfect side for meats and poultry. Best of all, the recipe makes 2 dozen, so you can use just the number you need for dinner.—Eva Tomlinson, Bryan, Ohio
- 4 pounds cubed peeled potatoes (about 11 cups)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan.
- 2. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, butter and salt; stir in cheese. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- 3. In a shallow dish, combine cornflakes and sesame seeds. Shape potato mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture.
- 4. Place on baking sheets; cover and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags. Freeze up to 3 months.
- 5. To serve: Preheat oven to 400°. Place frozen potato puffs on greased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 12 servings (2 puffs each).
1 potato puff equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC