- 4 pounds cubed peeled potatoes (about 11 cups)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan.
- Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, butter and salt; stir in cheese. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornflakes and sesame seeds. Shape potato mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture.
- Place on baking sheets; cover and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags. Freeze up to 3 months.
- To serve: Preheat oven to 400°. Place frozen potato puffs on greased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 12 servings (2 puffs each).
Reviews for Crispy Potato Puffs
Sort By :
"I made extra potatoes and used leftovers to make these. I used a cookie dough scope so they were the same size. Love that they are crispy on the outside and creamy inside. Fast for supper."
"My family loved these! A perfect potato side dish and a great change of pace from mashed or boiled potatoes! Since you can freeze these until you are ready to bake them, the potato puffs are very convenient to make on a busy weeknight! Next time, I'll try adding green onions and bacon bits prior to freezing, for a loaded baked potato taste!"
"Recommened My Kid love these..... Ok my wife too. Really suggest making as stiff as possible so careful when orinally mashing not to make too runny"
"My family really likes these. I added some cream cheese to boost the flavor. I will definitely make them again."
"These were really good! I also added some sour cream and chives and it added a lot of good flavor! I thought they could have used more salt and some pepper. I added some after they came out of the oven and they were super yummy!! I will definitely make these again!"