Crispy Potato Cubes Recipe
“My mother used to serve these savory herb potatoes when I was growing up, and she included the recipe in a cookbook she made for me when I got married,” writes Jenelle Piepmeier of Severna Park, Maryland. “They fill the kitchen with a heavenly aroma.”
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper. Add potatoes; seal bag and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; stir in the garlic. Add potatoes and bay leaf.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Potato Cubes in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p61
Reviews for Crispy Potato Cubes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2012
These are the best tasting baked potatoes I have had in a long time.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2011
THese are SO good, tasty and easy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >